< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Bootable USB drives does not working for Mint Linux install

Osvaldo Ito

How can I install Linux Mint on my GN31? Bootable USB drive does not work, I tried UEFI and Legacy modes USB drive configurations...

spikerguy

Can you explaine how did you make a bootable of Linux Mint?
Also what do you see when you try to boot from the USB? And Linux Mint should be able to boot from UEFI without any issue.
Can you boot into linux mint using the same usb stick into any other computer? Reason some usb are not supported to be a bootable device.

I suspect that GN31 have 32bit efi boot so maybe it only reads boot32.efi file. I am not 100% sure about it as I don't have the device to test, but I will try to help you as much as I can.

Osvaldo Ito

Used Yumi and Rufus to build bootable USBs using 64 bit version ISO file. I tried to remove SSD HD, and Mint Linux booted! But when the SSD is installed, no boot, only Windows.

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
Please try to enter the BIOS by pressing the "DEL" key and modify the BIOS priority startup items.

Change the [Boot Option #1] to "Linux Mint " boot ,ofter save and exit . thanks

spikerguy

Hi @Wen

Can you confirm whether GN31 has 32bit uefi or 64bit?
This will help me understand the device booting a little better. Afaik most atom and celeron devices are shipped with 32bit uefi.

Thanks.

Osvaldo Ito

With Wen's advice it worked! But I had to shutdown and start. Using restart option didn't work. Thank you!!!!!! Spikerguy, all with 64 bit, ok?

Top Bottom