< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

BIOS password reset?

IronMaiden

I have a Model Z83-W. Serial is GM18051801WP0527.

It show's the "Intel" splash screen and then a password box pops up.

I'm guessing this is a BIOS password.

Is there anyway to reset this password. I'm wanting to install Linux and probably run Nextcloud headless on this if possible.

Thanks!

IronMaiden

Do I need to reflash the EEPROM with the BIOS? I removed the CPU heatsink and I see an 8-pin 25LQ64CVIG. I'm guessing the BIOS and password are stored there. Can I get the firmware?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
In fact, you can reset and restore bios settings by clearing CMOS according to the document. If you insist on changing the bios memory chip, then we will not provide any support. Hope you can understand.

IronMaiden

joey "In fact, you can reset and restore bios settings by clearing CMOS according to the document. If you insist on changing the bios memory chip, then we will not provide any support. Hope you can understand. "
Well you have demonstrated to me and everyone else that will read this in the future you obviously have a LACK OF PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE. I have the Z83-W as I clearly indicated in my first post. You sent a procedure for the Z83-F. That is NOT WHAT I HAVE. The motherboard is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT then the one you sent the picture of. I studied the board and I see ONE 64Mb FLASH EEPROM that would be TOO LARGE for storing a password ONLY. It would be the right size for storing the BIOS AND PASSWORD though. And that is most likely what it is doing. The battery is most likely for maintaining the TIME AND DATE and has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PASSWORD STORAGE.

The Z83-W that I have had a password that was installed by my best friend two years ago. He is DEAD due to the bullet from an AK-47 that went through the roof of his mouth and splattered his brains all over the ceiling due in part to a drug induced delirium. He went from no drugs to drug addict to dead in literally 7 days and it was probably some shit mixed with fentanyl manufactured in your homeland.

Needless to say there is NO WAY I can get the password for this because the person that put the password on the system is DEAD.

The two pins that are shorted together in the directions you sent are the battery pins. I literally cut the battery off of it's plug, twisted the two wires together and plugged it in the motherboard battery socket, tested it with a 8,000 dollar Fluke 754 and confirmed the pins were shorted. I left it shorted for two days. I just plugged the battery back in and powered the unit on and was greeted with......

PASSWORD

So I'd appreciate it if you would just admit you have NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT instead of pretending to be an expert on subject matter JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A STAFF MEMBER AND ADMIN HERE.

Thanks!

PS.... I guess you also have NO IDEA where I can get the EEPROM file at either? The manufacturer would have this. I think MINISFORUM is a distributor and NOT the manufacturer. Can you contact them and get the file?

Thanks!

Oh...one other thing. I NEVER said I would remove the eeprom. It can be reflashed with an eeprom programmer without being removed. Anyone that has a tad bit of experience with motherboards would know how this works. I'll speculate that you are not an electronics guy. Great. No need to be. I just wanted the EEPROM file that is used to flash the EEPROM at the factory when the system is being built. If I had access to a good system I could duplicate it myself. Without access I can remove the data from the one I have and HEXEDIT the data and try and locate the password storage location and/or enable/disable status bit.

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom