< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

B550 Windows 11 activation issue

manimohtasham

Hello all,

I have issue with activating windows 11 with the OEM serial key written into bios. The steps I have taken to install windows 11 are as below:
1- download the windows 11 .zip file from minisforum support page.
2- format flash drive as FAT32 and label it as WINPE
3- boot from flash drive and install (which does not allow custom installation and wipe your storage and install windows 11)

The installation was successful but when I check for widows activation status, it says :
" Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code : 0xC004F211"

Can anyone help me activate Windows on B550? am I missing something it the installation process?

thanks

Macinoid

Hello all,

I have issue with activating windows 11 with the OEM serial key written into bios. The steps I have taken to install windows 11 are as below:
1- download the windows 11 .zip file from minisforum support page.
2- format flash drive as FAT32 and label it as WINPE
3- boot from flash drive and install (which does not allow custom installation and wipe your storage and install windows 11)

The installation was successful but when I check for widows activation status, it says :
" Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code : 0xC004F211"

Can anyone help me activate Windows on B550? am I missing something it the installation process?

thanks

Did you buy the system as barebones, meaning without the drive (ssd/nvme)?

(If so, Windows won't activate because systems purchased without a drive don't come with a free copy or activation key for any windows)

But if you did purchase your B550 with a drive and erased it before booting it up and allowing it to activate your copy then yes your OEM key is gone and you'll need to contact support.

Or, if you assembled your system with the dock and an external video card for your first boot it is possible windows setup is seeing completely different hardware then it's expecting and failing and you could try taking the B550 out of the dock, connect the mini power supply, mouse, keyboard and monitor and boot up the system to activate it then disconnect and put it back into the dock.

:eek: REMEMBER IF USING AN EXTERNAL PSU, DO NOT USE THE SUPPLIED MINI POWER SUPPLY AT THE SAME TIME BECAUSE IT WILL LIKELY FRY YOUR MOTHERBOARD :eek:

Last edited:

manimohtasham

Did you buy the system as barebones, meaning without the drive (ssd/nvme)?

(If so, Windows won't activate because systems purchased without a drive don't come with a free copy or activation key for any windows)

But if you did purchase your B550 with a drive and erased it before booting it up and allowing it to activate your copy then yes your OEM key is gone and you'll need to contact support.

Or, if you assembled your system with the dock and an external video card for your first boot it is possible windows setup is seeing completely different hardware then it's expecting and failing and you could try taking the B550 out of the dock, connect the mini power supply, mouse, keyboard and monitor and boot up the system to activate it then disconnect and put it back into the dock.

:eek: REMEMBER IF USING AN EXTERNAL PSU, DO NOT USE THE SUPPLIED MINI POWER SUPPLY AT THE SAME TIME BECAUSE IT WILL LIKELY FRY YOUR MOTHERBOARD :eek:
Yes I purchased a barebone unit. Does that mean minisforum will not provide any key? If yes, they must put this tiny details on their website

Macinoid

Yes I purchased a barebone unit. Does that mean minisforum will not provide any key? If yes, they must put this tiny details on their website
Hate to bust your bubble, but correct you won't get a key from MinisForum.

NOTE: I believe they do have it posted that barebones do not come with activation keys for windows under the FAQS usually of any system that's sold as a barebones on the website.

RECOMMEND: Tech YES City is a great place to find links to cheap activation keys for windows in the '...more' of the video details. He has one in his latest video. I added his link in the ...more, it'll pop up you are leaving youtube asking if you want to GO TO SITE. Click goto site and it'll take you to win 10 pro, which you can get and upgrade to win 11 pro for free thru microsoft upgrade.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
The barebones version does not carry keys, thank you for your understanding.

Top Bottom