< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

B550 requires multiple restarts and unplugging Hdmi/displayport ports to POST

joey

Administrator
Staff member
I am using dual channel memory, 2*8G, standard memory. Hope this information is helpful to you, thank you

xchoo

@joey Just to add to the debugging, I just tested it with 2x8G DDR4-2400 1.2V CL17 RAM. Identical behaviour... GTX 1070 boots a-okay with display every time, RTX 3060Ti needs multiple restarts to even get it to show a display.

I'm definitely convinced that there is an issue with the way PCI-e devices are detected and initialized. Both the number of PCIe lanes and / or the PCIe gen speed could be an issue. Is there a way to force PCIe Gen 3 speeds for the GPU socket?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Please give me some time to test this issue, thank you for your understanding.

Blue_Space

I'm having the same issue with a 5700X and an RTX 3070. I specifically asked before buying if my CPU was compatible and was told it would, and technically it does work with other older GPU's I've put in the system. I really hope there's a way to fix this issue through an updated BIOS.

Hello [REDACTED],

Thanks for reaching out to us.
B550 support: 4350G/4600G/4650G/4700G/4750G/5600G/5700G/4100/4500/5500x/5600/5600x/5700x
Please note that the CPUs without G require the addition of a discrete graphics card to display.
About the BIOS, please keep following our support web: https://www.minisforum.com/support

Thanks & Regards
The MINISFORUM TEAM

BESSTAR TECH LIMITED
Tel: (00852)30506835
Address: 19H Maxgrand Plaza, No.3 Tai Yau Street, San Po Kong, Kowloon Hong Kong
Official website | Official store | Official forum
Follow MINISFORUM on Social

Facebook:MinisforumClub|Twitter:@Hi_MINISFORUM

XenFox

I have the same problems:

> The operating system does not boot correctly (black screen)
> The initial screen of "Minisforum" freezes.
> Seconds later I get a monitor with no signal, etc.

Bios update did not solve the problem (Ram at 2667 MHz). Disconnect all cables/power and apply Reset for 30 seconds.....same negative results. My configuration:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 EAGLE OC
Storage: M.2 Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0
RAM: Kingston Fury 16GB(1X16) 3200MHz 1.2V CL20
Psu: EVGA sfx 750w

Months ago on their website/blog and social networks they confirmed compatibility with the 5700X/Kingston Fury. 40 days later and we have no solution.

wild_one

I'm 99% sure it's purely a BIOS issue, the X series haven't been initialized correctly, and thus initial POST doesn't work, regardless of the card installed in the dock. If you power cycle it, it might boot, but after that it isn't stable in any manner outside of the BIOS screen.

Blue_Space

I'm 99% sure it's purely a BIOS issue, the X series haven't been initialized correctly, and thus initial POST doesn't work, regardless of the card installed in the dock. If you power cycle it, it might boot, but after that it isn't stable in any manner outside of the BIOS screen.
I have been able to get the system to run pretty stable with older GPU's (I've tested a GTX 1060 and an RX 560). I only ran a handful of games and did some general desktop usage but it never crashed once. I'm not technical enough to understand the fine details but my guess would be it's an issue with the 30 series being PCIe 4?
Do we know if anyone has had these issues with newer AMD cards as well?

Top Bottom