< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Auto Power on for U820

Technie

Hi!

I've looked through the insydeH20 bios for the option to auto power on, but I couldn't not find it.

May I know how can I have the U820 power on/boot automatically once power is applied?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Pls refer to the document to enable the boot automatically function

Technie

Unable to boot using the created USB drive due to the following error.

I tried:
  1. disabling secure boot
  2. loading optimised defaults
Didnt work.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Please press DEL repeatedly to access the bios when starting up, and then restore the bios to the default. Then go to update the EC.

Whoever

When booting press DEL repeatedly until the BIOS shows up. Go to SECURITY and set SECURE BOOT CONTROL to DISABLED. Goto EXIT and select EXIT SAVING CHANGES. When the reboot starts, hit F7 repeatedly until the boot menue appears, now select BOOT FROM USB, this should work now (did it for me).

Still no idea how to set AUTO POWER ON. Can somebody point me to the right submenue in the BIOS please?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
When booting press DEL repeatedly until the BIOS shows up. Go to SECURITY and set SECURE BOOT CONTROL to DISABLED. Goto EXIT and select EXIT SAVING CHANGES. When the reboot starts, hit F7 repeatedly until the boot menue appears, now select BOOT FROM USB, this should work now (did it for me).

Still no idea how to set AUTO POWER ON. Can somebody point me to the right submenue in the BIOS please?
Have you updated the EC by referring to the documentation?

Whoever

The documentation does not tell you that the SECURE BOOT CONTROL needs to be disabled. So I got stuck with the same warning as the guy who postet this first. Only after I figured out how to disable this function, the update process started to work automatically. The documentation you provided is not complete and not really clear in terms of how the upgrade process is expected to work. Maybe you should extend that. So i finally was able to upgrade it.

...and still no idea how to enable Auto Power On....?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
After the EC is updated, the function of power-on and self-start is automatically turned on. You can check this function by plugging or unplugging the power supply.

Pierre13100

Hi,
I can't update my EC.
When I boot on USB key, it don't find files on key. If I explore FS0:, I can see EFI directory, but no files. And if I try to see the files under WINDOWS, the files are present.
Any idea ?
Thanks

Attachments

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Please check if the format of the USB Drive is FAT32. If it is not found in fs0:, try to enter fs1: or fs2: or fs3: or fs4: to query the file.

Pierre13100

Thanks.
I shouldn't have had the WINDOWS directory on this space ...

I think I didn't boot from USB. I'll find out why ..
Pierre

Top Bottom