< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Audio I/O and Linux boot

mpicco

Just received a Z83-F and would like to know what connector/cable is used to separate microphone from headphone audio in the single jack provided?

Also, can these units be set up to dual boot?

If not, can I use the SD card slot to boot up and run Linux, while leaving Win10 alone?
Thanks!

spikerguy

Running X86-64 Linux over an sd card will be quite slow, You will need and Ultra SD card.

It all depends on the BIOS Setting, Please insert the sd and check if you can see SD card boot option in BIOS, if yes then you can flash ISO on sd card and try to boot but that way you might not be able to run linux over sd card.

Instead Flash ISO on usb stick and boot into linux with sd card inserted then install linux on the sd card you should be able to do this but it will always boot in windows by default which means you will always have to manually select boot drive to sd card to make it boot from sd card.

Check for all the options you have in your BIOS.

Feel free to tag me if you have any further questions.
Good luck.

mpicco

Thank you! If I try Linux on the internal drive and want to reinstall Win10, does that pose any problems?

spikerguy

Thank you! If I try Linux on the internal drive and want to reinstall Win10, does that pose any problems?
Technically, No problem you can install windows 10 anytime in future but please do this only if you're aware of what you are doing with the device.
I think Minis support team can advice if it is ok to remove windows from the drive and what are the warranty clauses.

Regarding the audio splitter you can go for any splitter which follow CTIA standards. Better to buy the one from the link above.

@joey You're welcome, I try to help forum users who want to try linux on your devices.
If you want any help with linux installation then feel free to tag me in the post.
Cheer.s

spikerguy

@joey
If there is any plans by minis pc to launch device with Linux then please inform me, I can help you with that.
I see some Mini pc started to sell devices with Linux installed.

Hope to hear a positive news from you too :D

Top Bottom