< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Any BIOS update for TL50??

sirspeedalot

I bought my TL50 several months ago and honestly I am quite satisfied with the hardware and stability.

However, I found the BIOS settings were pretty simple and basic, not many options available for user, and is quite old today.

So, are there any plans on update the BIOS or drivers of TL50?

andyb

Agree this is an issue. To effectively use an eGPU using the TB connection, it would be a lot better to have the ability in the bios to enable Thunderbolt Boot Support (and typically need to amend the Thunderbolt security). Without these options in the bios, you can only get the eGPU to work post login to Windows, which causes display issues to get to that state.

zon7

Hi. I have the same problem. Just received my device yesterday and I've found that the bios has no option to enable VT-D for virtual machines.
Can you please release a new bios with this feature as it should be enabled...

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hi , about the VT-D function of TL50 is enabled by default, please check.
Hi. I have the same problem. Just received my device yesterday and I've found that the bios has no option to enable VT-D for virtual machines.
Can you please release a new bios with this feature as it should be enabled...

Matttsang

May I know if you eventually make the egpu work with the TL 50? @zon7

Cause I'm planning to do the same thing but worry it will not work. Appreciate ur answer

zon7

May I know if you eventually make the egpu work with the TL 50? @zon7

Cause I'm planning to do the same thing but worry it will not work. Appreciate ur answer
Hi, still no bios update. Maybe eGPU is working but not using the iGPU. Still I've no luck having drivers working in most linux distros

hain

When I connect a GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (12GB) via eGPU-BOX to the Thunderbolt port on the TL50, I get an error message "device cannot find enough free resources (error 12)" or BSOD saying "Video Memory Management Internal" and it does not work properly.

I was able to get it to work by disabling the iGPU and rebooting, but ideally it should work without rebooting.
In fact, when I connected a GeForce GT 640 (1GB), it was usable at the same time.

Searching the Internet, I found many descriptions of a BIOS option called "Above 4G Decoding" that needs to be enabled in order to increase memory resources.
The TL50 BIOS does not have this setting. I may be missing the point, but I hope a BIOS update will solve this problem.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Please let me know the bios version date of the TL50, I will check, thank you for your understanding.

hain

Not exactly "Above 4G Decoding" but Joey adjusted the BIOS on my TL50 so the eGPU conflict issue was resolved.
Thanks.

skullmonkey911

Hi, talking about an update.

The TL50 modules the fan speed very much in low cpu load situations. In my POV this is not necessarily needed. It would be better to have a contant speed for low load. Will there be a fix for this, or some options in Bios to influence the fan (as in similar PCs with this CPU)?

Kind regards,
Stephan

Top Bottom