< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

4k Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsdad

My GK45's 4k resolution is unusable. My 'monitor' is my Sony XBR-49X900F TV. I cannot stream any video without stuttering if I set the Windows 10 resolution to 3840x2160. I can stream 4k video directly to the TV (using the TV's apps) without any stuttering. Internet speed tests with my GK45 is 300 mbps. Has anyone been successful with 4k streaming or is the GK45 just too slow?

boker

Administrator
Staff member
Please help me try to set it to a lower resolution to see if it gets better. This is to determine why 4K is slow.

jsdad

The output is okay if I set the resolution to 1920x1080. I can stream or play local videos without stuttering. Streaming or local videos do not work well when I set the output resolution to 3840x2160.

boker

Administrator
Staff member
GK45 should be able to perform these tasks smoothly.

What browser do you use when playing videos online? IE? Chrome?

What player do you use when playing videos locally and which version of your graphics card driver? Has it been updated?
Can you take a video for me when the video freezes?

jsdad

I use Firefox for online and VLC for off line. The video driver is 27.20.100.8336 dated 6/16/2020. I can't upload the sample video file as it's too large.

boker

Administrator
Staff member
Please try to use the browser and player provided by the system to play 4K video.

jsdad

I tried using Microsoft Edge and Windows 10 Movies & TV and was pleasantly surprised. I can enable 3840x2160 output and watch videos without all the stuttering.
Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom