z83-F - brand new machine, stuck at Automatic Repair

daveaa85

I have a brand new z83F - 4GB/64GB/Win 10 Pro machine which hit a blue screen on boot
Is there something I can try before returning this item?

See screen details below

Thanks in advance,
Dave

---- Screen details ----
Automatic Repair

Your PC Did not start correctly

Press "Restart" to restart you PC, whic can sometimes fix the problem.
 You can also press "Advanced Options" to try other options to repair your PC.
--
I've tried re-booting by cycling power but the machine returns to the above screen.

The Advanced Options are not able to be selected via mouse or keyboard arrows.

--

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
daveaa85 said:
I have a brand new z83F - 4GB/64GB/Win 10 Pro machine which hit a blue screen on boot
Is there something I can try before returning this item?

See screen details below

Thanks in advance,
Dave

---- Screen details ----
Automatic Repair

Your PC Did not start correctly

Press "Restart" to restart you PC, whic can sometimes fix the problem.
 You can also press "Advanced Options" to try other options to repair your PC.
--
I've tried re-booting by cycling power but the machine returns to the above screen.

The Advanced Options are not able to be selected via mouse or keyboard arrows.

--
You can try to update the BIOS, as follows link:
http://www.minisforum.com/showthread.php?tid=734

Thanks
Wen

daveaa85

MinisForum said:
daveaa85 said:
-- copied posting removed --

Thanks
Wen

Thanks for the help!
   My machine is now running. It has completed initial setup as well as run for a day with zero issues. 

--
Dave

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
daveaa85 said:
MinisForum said:
daveaa85 said:
-- copied posting removed --

Thanks
Wen

Thanks for the help!
   My machine is now running. It has completed initial setup as well as run for a day with zero issues. 

--
Dave
Thanks for all your effort on solving this issue.

Hope this issue has been solved completely,other question about it,you can always contact our technical support.

If you are satisifed with our support,please kindly help to leave a constructive review of this mini pc on Amazon website.(Find your order - leave a review.)

Your precious opinion or advice about this mini pc would be highly valued,and provide a significant reference for other customers.

Minisforum

Gwen

Thanks
Wen
Received my Z8350-W mini yesterday and right out of the box set up, it went into automatic repair - which failed. Did 2 "Resets", which failed. No success since of getting it to run yet. Downloaded the 1809 (from the Forum 6/27/2018) but the install.wirm wouldn't copy over to the USB. Tried to copy JUST that file to the Images folder on the USB, but it faiiled again. The "Unexpected Error" is 0x80004005: Unspecified Error. Type: WIM File Date Modified: 2/23/2019 6:47 PM Size 5.43 GB - Try Again - Skip - Cancel
Should I keep messing with this and return it or is there a cure to get it going? I'm using a VISIO Smart TV for the monitor.

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
Received my Z8350-W mini yesterday and right out of the box set up, it went into automatic repair - which failed. Did 2 "Resets", which failed. No success since of getting it to run yet. Downloaded the 1809 (from the Forum 6/27/2018) but the install.wirm wouldn't copy over to the USB. Tried to copy JUST that file to the Images folder on the USB, but it faiiled again. The "Unexpected Error" is 0x80004005: Unspecified Error. Type: WIM File Date Modified: 2/23/2019 6:47 PM Size 5.43 GB - Try Again - Skip - Cancel
Should I keep messing with this and return it or is there a cure to get it going? I'm using a VISIO Smart TV for the monitor.
Please do not update the BIOS in this post. This BIOS is Z8350-F. It does not apply to Z8350-W. If this operation is performed, it will no longer be able to boot.

GeoRem

My brand new Z83-F will not boot. I looked through the MINISFORUM archives and found instructions by Huang to reload the OS. No joy. Watched all the DOS screens indicate that reload was being performed but, when finished, it still won't boot. Screen displays the MINISFORUM logo and chasing balls display below that but nothing else. I'm out of ideas. Any help greatly appreciated.11/30/201​

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
My brand new Z83-F will not boot. I looked through the MINISFORUM archives and found instructions by Huang to reload the OS. No joy. Watched all the DOS screens indicate that reload was being performed but, when finished, it still won't boot. Screen displays the MINISFORUM logo and chasing balls display below that but nothing else. I'm out of ideas. Any help greatly appreciated.11/30/201​
It takes about 15 minutes to initialize the information for the first time and 1 minute for the second time after the initialization is successful. If reinstalling the system still has this problem, you can contact Amazon Seller Service

Top Bottom