turn on with power for N34 ubuntu

dan2018

Is there a way to have the mini PC N34 wit ubuntu 17.10 power on if it has electricity?

I'm using it where it's high on the wall. Occasionally, the building loses power and comes back on in a few seconds or a minute. 

Right now, when power is cut off, I have to get a ladder to power it on.

But, if I could have it automatically power up when the electricity comes back, that would save me lots of ladder trips :)

Thanks!!

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
dan2018 said:
Is there a way to have the mini PC N34 wit ubuntu 17.10 power on if it has electricity?

I'm using it where it's high on the wall. Occasionally, the building loses power and comes back on in a few seconds or a minute. 

But, if I could have it automatically power up when the electricity comes back, that would save me lots of ladder trips :)

Thanks!!
Sorry, the fan of this device cannot silence or adjust its speed. It adjusts the speed according to the temperature of the CPU.
Thanks!
Wen

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
1dan2018 said:

Thanks!!
I understand your mood very well, but N34 does not support automatically power up We have other products to support this function
Thanks!
Wen

dan2018

MinisForum said:
1dan2018 said:

Thanks!!
I understand your mood very well, but N34 does not support automatically power up We have other products to support this function
Thanks!
Wen
Thank you, Wen, for your quick reply.

I see from the Amazon description that this can do wake over lan. Is that possible to do?

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
Bios dan2018 said:
MinisForum said:
1dan2018 said:

Thanks!!
Thanks!
Wen

I see from the Amazon description that this can do wake over lan. Is that possible to do?
Wake on LAN is different from automatic power-on
[size=x-small][size=medium]Operational steps as below:[/size][/size]
1.First of all you need to boot or restart press "Delete" into the BIOS, check the "boot" option, there is a "Wake On Lan" and it is enabled.
2. Into the device manager, check to your own card (here refers to a wired network card), right-click Properties -> Advanced -> all the Wake On Lan and Magic Packet are turned on.
3.Use a router that supports Wake On Lan (such as millet router, pole router, etc.), enter the router settings interface, set the static IP address of the computer in the router, and do IP-ARP binding.Because if you do not do a static IP address, behind the ARP-IP binding is very difficult to do.When the computer is shut down, the computer can not be found in the router's ARP table. If the wake-up packet from the network is sent to the target through the router, the packet can be discarded if the target host can not be found in the ARP table.So to set up ARP-IP binding, forcing the router to forward the packet to the corresponding IP above.
Note: After you need to bind the IP address, you also need to know the MAC address of the device before it can wake up.
4.WAKE ON LAN software from other machines can wake up.

BR.Wen

dan2018

MinisForum said:
Bios dan2018 said:
MinisForum said:
1dan2018 said:

Thanks!!
Thanks!
Wen

Wake on LAN is different from automatic power-on
[size=x-small][size=medium]Operational steps as below:[/size][/size]
1.First of all you need to boot or restart press "Delete" into the BIOS, check the "boot" option, there is a "Wake On Lan" and it is enabled.
2. Into the device manager, check to your own card (here refers to a wired network card), right-click Properties -> Advanced -> all the Wake On Lan and Magic Packet are turned on.
3.Use a router that supports Wake On Lan (such as millet router, pole router, etc.), enter the router settings interface, set the static IP address of the computer in the router, and do IP-ARP binding.Because if you do not do a static IP address, behind the ARP-IP binding is very difficult to do.When the computer is shut down, the computer can not be found in the router's ARP table. If the wake-up packet from the network is sent to the target through the router, the packet can be discarded if the target host can not be found in the ARP table.So to set up ARP-IP binding, forcing the router to forward the packet to the corresponding IP above.
Note: After you need to bind the IP address, you also need to know the MAC address of the device before it can wake up.
4.WAKE ON LAN software from other machines can wake up.

BR.Wen
Thank you!

dan2018

dan2018 said:
MinisForum said:
1dan2018 said:

Thanks!!
Thanks!
Wen

Could you tell me which products you have that offer the automatic power on? I need linux ubuntu specifically on the computer.

Thanks!

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
dan2018 said:
dan2018 said:
MinisForum said:
1dan2018 said:

Thanks!!
Thanks!
Wen

Could you tell me which products you have that offer the automatic power on? I need linux ubuntu specifically on the computer.

Thanks!
We can support Z83 series, KB series, you can ask customer service staff when purchasing.

Best regards,
Huang

Timothytat

What would be needed to turn that info a handler the RunRev team could use as part of their automated build process?

KamExors

You should really check out Highland, it is going to be a comparable drive and it is much cheaper. But there is something to be said for being comfortable where you are at

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
Timothytat said:
What would be needed to turn that info a handler the RunRev team could use as part of their automated build process?
What kind of function do you need it to do?

Top Bottom