The GN41 updates the BIOS.

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
Please confirm the SN code of your device before updating the BIOS. Any GN41 whose SN code starts with "MGW" can update this BIOS.Devices that are not at the beginning of "MGW" Please do not update this BIOS. If it is updated, your device will not boot.

This BIOS optimizes performance and makes 4k audio smoother and smoother.

Please refer to this document for the steps to update the BIOS:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ySK5bXnjRX56y-XDv2sL6VwkMwUF8XA/view?usp=sharing

This is the BIOS file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11InQ-u4PCA9Gxn7zfSCbkoIOdH8gJeIu/view?usp=sharing

If you have any questions you don't understand, you can contact me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blotza

How do you create a bootable usb key ? Copying the content of the rar file to the root folder, or to the \EFI folder, I can't manage to boot on the usb key.

Thanks

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
Blotza said:
How do you create a bootable usb key ? Copying the content of the rar file to the root folder, or to the \EFI folder, I can't manage to boot on the usb key.

Thanks
1 .Prepare more than 8Gb USB
2. Format USB(File system to NTFS and  Label: WINPE)
3.[size=small]Copying the content of the rar file to the root directory of the USB flash drive.[/size]
4. Insert the USB flash drive into the machine(GN41), reboot, press the F7 key, call up the boot menu, select "UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell",press"Enter"
5. In this interface, enter the command to find the U disk: enter "fs0:" Enter, then enter "dir" to enter, compare the file is your U disk file, if not, fs1, fs2, fs3 ......Try again
6.Open the folder where the BIOS file is located: Enter "cd EFI" and press Enter to enter the BIOS folder.
Enter "dir" to view the file, there are flash writing tools and BIOS files 
7. Enter the command "fpt.efi -f BIOS name (here: fpt.efi -f BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-E.bin)"
8 .[size=small]Start flashing BIOS
[/size]
[size=small]9. [size=small]If there is "FPT Operation Passed", it indicates finished[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=small]10. [size=small]Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart. It will be slower to restart after the BIOS is refreshed. Please be patient.[/size][/size][/size]

Thank you!
Wen

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
Blotza said:

Thanks
1 .Prepare more than 8Gb USB
2. Format USB(File system: NTFS and  Label: WINPE)
3.Copying the content of the rar file to the root directory of the USB flash drive.
4. Insert the USB flash drive into the machine(GN41), reboot, press the F7 key, call up the boot menu, select "UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell",press"Enter"
5. In this interface, enter the command to find the U disk: enter "fs0:" Enter, then enter "dir" to enter, compare the file is your U disk file, if not, fs1, fs2, fs3 ......Try again
6.Open the folder where the BIOS file is located: Enter "cd EFI" and press Enter to enter the BIOS folder.
Enter "dir" to view the file, there are flash writing tools and BIOS files 
7. Enter the command "fpt.efi -f BIOS name (here: fpt.efi -f BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-E.bin)"
8 .Start flashing BIOS
9. If there is "FPT Operation Passed", it indicates finished
10. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart. It will be slower to restart after the BIOS is refreshed. Please be patient.

Thank you!
Wen

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
Blotza said:

Thanks
[size=small]1 .Prepare more than 8Gb USB[/size]
[size=small]2. Format USB(File system: NTFS and  Label: WINPE)[/size]
[size=small]3.Copying the content of the rar file to the root directory of the USB flash drive.[/size]
[size=small]4. Insert the USB flash drive into the machine(GN41), reboot, press the F7 key, call up the boot menu, select " UEFI:***USB device ****",press"Enter"[/size]
[size=small]5. In this interface, enter the command to find the U disk: enter "fs0:" Enter, then enter "dir" to enter, compare the file is your U disk file, if not, fs1, fs2, fs3 ......Try again[/size]
[size=small]6.Open the folder where the BIOS file is located: Enter "cd EFI" and press Enter to enter the BIOS folder.[/size]
[size=small]Enter "dir" to view the file, there are flash writing tools and BIOS files [/size]
[size=small]7. Enter the command "fpt.efi -f BIOS name (here: fpt.efi -f BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-E.bin)"[/size]
[size=small]8 .Start flashing BIOS[/size]
[size=small]9. If there is "FPT Operation Passed", it indicates finished[/size]
[size=small]10. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart. It will be slower to restart after the BIOS is refreshed. Please be patient.[/size]

[size=small][size=small]Note:[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=small][size=small][size=small]Please do not remove the USB, restart or turn off the power during the BIOS update.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=small]Thank you![/size]
[size=small]Wen[/size]

Kodlixik

Greetings!

I've just received my new GN41.
The machine is of "MGW..." series.
BIOS shows the following info:
Core version: 5.13
Compliancy: UEFI 2.6: PI 1.4
Project version: F4G-EX3 0.01 x64
Build date: 10/12/2018
Is the update linked i this thread a newer version?

ALSO:
For some reason I can't unpack the rar files from this forum (such as the EFI, but also the drivers' file). Any tips on what to do (i did try re-downloading and several rar extrators) ? Can you perhaps provide updated links to files, or maybe files in zip format?

Thank you in advance!

Huang

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings!

I've just received my new GN41.
The machine is of "MGW..." series.
BIOS shows the following info:
Core version: 5.13
Compliancy: UEFI 2.6: PI 1.4
Project version: F4G-EX3 0.01 x64
Build date: 10/12/2018
Is the update linked i this thread a newer version?

ALSO:
For some reason I can't unpack the rar files from this forum (such as the EFI, but also the drivers' file). Any tips on what to do (i did try re-downloading and several rar extrators) ? Can you perhaps provide updated links to files, or maybe files in zip format?

Thank you in advance!
Yes, you can install this BIOS. Can't I download this link I posted?

Please refer to this document for the steps to update the BIOS:

This is the BIOS file:

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
布洛扎 said:
好的,我再试一次。谢谢
Thanks for all your effort on solving this issue.

Hope this issue has been solved completely,other question about it,you can always contact our technical support.

If you are satisifed with our support,please kindly help to leave a constructive review of this mini pc on Amazon website.(Find your order - leave a review.)

Your precious opinion or advice about this mini pc would be highly valued,and provide a significant reference for other customers.

Best  regards,
Minisforum

Blotza

Ok I will try again. Thanks
I finally took the time to do it, using the latest rar file including the BOOT folder, and it worked well.

But I was REALLY scared because it takes a LOT of time (several minutes) before seeing the Kodlix logo at first reboot. Please insist on the fact it can take several minutes before seeing the logo at first reboot ;)

Vani

MinisForum said:
Please confirm the SN code of your device before updating the BIOS. Any GN41 whose SN code starts with "MGW" can update this BIOS.Devices that are not at the beginning of "MGW" Please do not update this BIOS. If it is updated, your device will not boot.  

Please refer to this document for the steps to update the BIOS: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rwe0ce705i59lqw/UEFI%25E4%25B8%258B%25E5%2588%25B7BIOS.docx/file

This is the BIOS file: 
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j9x4e6q49gl171x/EFI64.rar/file

Ahoi,
the method you've provided didn't work at all.
I used a proper Method to make a bootable iso USB Stick with the
Windows PE Image toolkit and inject the files to the root with dsim.

So far so good, at least a clean bootaction, but when i try to start the
programming i get the message "no such interface" even when i only write
Fpt64.efi alone i get this message. And then the endmessage
"access denied".

Please help, im really hot for this firmware update *g
Greetings from Germany

Btw.:with the new Grafic driver update no more combined CPU/GPU spikes
that often lead to sounddistortion. So after all im now really pleased with my new toy. :). Except the hassle with a bootabble USB stick and after all not being able to update the firmware..

Huang

Administrator
Staff member
I finally took the time to do it, using the latest rar file including the BOOT folder, and it worked well.

But I was REALLY scared because it takes a LOT of time (several minutes) before seeing the Kodlix logo at first reboot. Please insist on the fact it can take several minutes before seeing the logo at first reboot ;)
Yes, the first boot after updating the BIOS. The logo will appear later.

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
Vani said:
MinisForum said:

Please refer to this document for the steps to update the BIOS: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rwe0ce705i59lqw/UEFI%25E4%25B8%258B%25E5%2588%25B7BIOS.docx/file

This is the BIOS file: 

Ahoi,

"access denied".

Please help, im really hot for this firmware update  *g
Greetings from Germany

that often lead to sounddistortion. So after all im now really pleased with my new toy. :). Except the hassle with a bootabble USB stick and after all not being able to update the firmware..
I have updated my method of updating the firmware, as well as the contents of the firmware, you can re-download and try it.

Huang

Ex3c

Hi,
i have just bought a new GN41 and want to test the new BIOS.
It is said that this only works for newer systems with serial number MGW....

From other discussions i have seen older serial number are MW0... and don't support power-off self-start.
The newer devices with MGW... supports it by setting a jumper on the mother board.

I have a serial number starting with FX20190719GN41...
So it has none of the serial numbers mentioned earlier in this forum.

But power-off self-start with the jumper setting works. So i hope i have a even a newer model and the BIOS update also will work for me.

Current BIOS data:
BIOS Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS Date : 10/12/2018
BIOS Version : BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-D

New BIOS version from this thread seems to be: BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-E

But before i test this BIOS, it would be nice if you confirm if this BIOS works for my device.

Joe

Vani

MinisForum said:
Vani said:
MinisForum said:

This is the BIOS file: 

Ahoi,

"access denied".

Greetings from Germany

I have updated my method of updating the firmware, as well as the contents of the firmware, you can re-download and try it.

Huang
Ahoi,
thx for caring.
It took me 2 full days to find the answer *g
Everything i needed i found in this archiv
https://github.com/holoto/efi_shell_flash_bios
With this efi_shell everything went smooth.

But i learned a lot with apk, pe images, dsim, rufus and now a bit efi in general.
But i guess in 2 days i cant remember anything :)

Greetings from germany

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
Hi,
i have just bought a new GN41 and want to test the new BIOS.
It is said that this only works for newer systems with serial number MGW....

From other discussions i have seen older serial number are MW0... and don't support power-off self-start.
The newer devices with MGW... supports it by setting a jumper on the mother board.

I have a serial number starting with FX20190719GN41...
So it has none of the serial numbers mentioned earlier in this forum.

But power-off self-start with the jumper setting works. So i hope i have a even a newer model and the BIOS update also will work for me.

Current BIOS data:
BIOS Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS Date : 10/12/2018
BIOS Version : BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-D

New BIOS version from this thread seems to be: BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-E

But before i test this BIOS, it would be nice if you confirm if this BIOS works for my device.

Joe
oh , This is the most stable BIOS version(BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-D)
This performance will be better, but the problem of automatic restart may occur after working for a few weeks(BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-E)

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
Vani said:
MinisForum said:
Vani said:
MinisForum said:

This is the BIOS file: 

Ahoi,

"access denied".

Greetings from Germany

Huang
Ahoi,
thx for caring.
It took me 2 full days to find the answer *g
Everything i needed i found in this archiv
https://github.com/holoto/efi_shell_flash_bios
With this efi_shell everything went smooth.

But i learned a lot with apk, pe images, dsim, rufus and now a bit efi in general.
But i guess in 2 days i cant remember anything :)

Greetings from germany
This is also a good way, thank you for sharing.

Huang

Ex3c

oh , This is the most stable BIOS version(BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-D)
This performance will be better, but the problem of automatic restart may occur after working for a few weeks(BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-E)
Thanks for the fast reply.
Does this mean that the new BIOS is compatible with my device, and i can test it (even if it is not as stable)?

When it is maybe not as stable as the current BIOS, i hope i can revert to the old one.
I found at http://www.microsmart.org/index.php/gn41-mini-pc/ a download link for the"old" BIOS: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4i3bqru42hdi4g3/BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-D.rar/file
In this file is also included a windows tool (AFUWINx64.EXE) for flashing/reading the BIOS. Could you confirm if this works ?

Vani

MinisForum said:
Vani said:
MinisForum said:

This is the BIOS file: 

Ahoi,

"access denied".

Greetings from Germany

Huang

Ahoi,
already got it working. But i was keen to see, if your'e
updated method work :). And yes everything works fine now.

Thanks again for fast response, with rechecking and
corecting the error.

Greetings
Vani

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
Thanks for the fast reply.
Does this mean that the new BIOS is compatible with my device, and i can test it (even if it is not as stable)?

When it is maybe not as stable as the current BIOS, i hope i can revert to the old one.
I found at http://www.microsmart.org/index.php/gn41-mini-pc/ a download link for the"old" BIOS: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4i3bqru42hdi4g3/BLT-BI-MINIPC-F4G-EX3R110-GA65A-101-D.rar/file
In this file is also included a windows tool (AFUWINx64.EXE) for flashing/reading the BIOS. Could you confirm if this works ?
yes, If you are very professional, I suggest using UEFI boot to update the BIOS, maybe your windows key may be lost

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
Vani said:
MinisForum said:
Vani said:
MinisForum said:

This is the BIOS file: 

Ahoi,

"access denied".

Greetings from Germany

Huang

Ahoi,
already got it working. But i was keen to see, if your'e
updated method work :). And yes everything works fine now.

Thanks again for fast response, with rechecking and
corecting the error.

Greetings
Vani
Thanks for all your effort on solving this issue.

Hope this issue has been solved completely,other question about it,you can always contact our technical support.

If you are satisifed with our support,please kindly help to leave a constructive review of this mini pc on Amazon website.(Find your order - leave a review.)

Your precious opinion or advice about this mini pc would be highly valued,and provide a significant reference for other customers.

Minisforum

Timothytat

The GN41 updates the BIOS

Thats weird.

Intel will still be making a dedicated X48 BIOS after right? As I would have thought just using the X38 BIOS would have not let intel tweak the performance of the X48 to its full potential.

Dan

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
RE: The GN41 updates the BIOS

Timothytat said:
Thats weird.

Intel will still be making a dedicated X48 BIOS after right? As I would have thought just using the X38 BIOS would have not let intel tweak the performance of the X48 to its full potential.

Dan
Intel only provides chipsets; BIOS is developed and release by ourselves. BIOS will be optimized and adjusted according to chip set SPEC and performance testing.

Wen

Top Bottom