Ssd Upgrade

accursio2222

hello,

i’m Fabio from Italy
I used with great satisfaction the GN 34 out of home its very useful

can i ask you a question ?

if i add an ssd it is possible to put Windows 10 on it and boot from that ?

its better boot Windows 10 from emc ( original ) or ssd ?

thanks

Best regards

Fabio

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
Q1; if i add an ssd it is possible to put Windows 10 on it and boot from that ?
--->Yes,Windows 10 can boot up
Q2: its better boot Windows 10 from emc ( original ) or ssd ?
-->SSD boot is better than eMMC boot

accursio2222

Hello,

thank you for useful tutorial

I would not abuse of your kindness ..

I mounted the new ssd what is best way to install windows 10 on it and boot from there
I thought to use a clone software like “mini partition tool” to clone partition and after resizing (so i could to maintain the setting and software already installed that worked once passing from hd to ssd in pc) or I have to reinstall all ..ie with method you explained in other post to reinstall system ?
do you know another way ?
Please could give me an advice ?

thanks and best regards

Fabio

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
Hello, I've tried to install an ssd m2 Toschiba THN-RC10Z1200G8 but doesn't recognize it
Thank's
I checked the parameters of this SSD(Toshiba RC100 M.2 2242 120GB NVMe PCIe 3.0 x2 64-layer 3D BiCS TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) THN-RC10Z1200G8)
This is NVMe PCIe, J3455 only supports NGFF SATA ,thanks.

davidepaco

I checked the parameters of this SSD(Toshiba RC100 M.2 2242 120GB NVMe PCIe 3.0 x2 64-layer 3D BiCS TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) THN-RC10Z1200G8)
This is NVMe PCIe, J3455 only supports NGFF SATA ,thanks.
before buying the toschiba I had asked if this transcend model was compatible and they had replied yes Transcend TS120GMTS420S, but even here I did not find the word NGFF, you could tell me which is the best ssd m2 that I can mount here also of low capacity 120 or 250gb?
Thanks

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
Transcend TS120GMTS420S , I see that this model is SATA(NGFF) ,which can be installed on J3455.
The capacity of 120 or 250gb does not affect the use.

Top Bottom