[Solved] Bad date and time, cannot fix. Change battery ?

Guillaume

Hey guys
Have a lot of GN41, they are pretty good devices, great price.
But some of them have problems with windows date and time. Even if I set it back, enable or disable the automatic update, change server ... At some point the hour change to a bad value.
1- is there any workaround ?
2- shoud I change battery ? Is there a tutorial ? I am not afraid to do it, just to burn something and destroy the device :)

Some have the same problem than discussed in other thread : after powered off, I need to unplug and plug again so power button function.
Not convenient, but not a big deal neither.

Thanks

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
Hey guys
Have a lot of GN41, they are pretty good devices, great price.
But some of them have problems with windows date and time. Even if I set it back, enable or disable the automatic update, change server ... At some point the hour change to a bad value.
1- is there any workaround ?
2- shoud I change battery ? Is there a tutorial ? I am not afraid to do it, just to burn something and destroy the device :)

Some have the same problem than discussed in other thread : after powered off, I need to unplug and plug again so power button function.
Not convenient, but not a big deal neither.

Thanks
windows date and time:
1. If you check the Windows system date and time as the initial value. Turn off the power and disconnect the D/C for 10 minutes. If the date and time are still the initial values, the RTC battery may be no power.
2. If only the date and time cannot be updated automatically, there may be a system software problem (may be a virus.....), you can try to reinstall the system.

Guillaume

Hi Wen.
Thank you for your answers.

I did some tests : turn of, unplug, restart.
It looks like it display the hour of the time i turned it of.
If I turn it of at 10:00, wait for an hour, then turn it on, it display (approximatly) 10:00 instead of 11:00

I am not sure if it is the 1 or 2 of your options :)

Matt_H

Hi Wen.
Thank you for your answers.

I did some tests : turn of, unplug, restart.
It looks like it display the hour of the time i turned it of.
If I turn it of at 10:00, wait for an hour, then turn it on, it display (approximatly) 10:00 instead of 11:00

I am not sure if it is the 1 or 2 of your options :)
I have exactly the same roblem on my G4100.
I have reinstalled the Windows 10 3 time now same thing happens. I turned the G4100 off last night at 21:02. This morning I turned it on and it was still 21:02 last night. I have searched solutions and tried pretty much everything.
An ideas?

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
I have exactly the same roblem on my G4100.
I have reinstalled the Windows 10 3 time now same thing happens. I turned the G4100 off last night at 21:02. This morning I turned it on and it was still 21:02 last night. I have searched solutions and tried pretty much everything.
An ideas?
There are two situations
1. Press the reset button after shutting down
2. RTC battery is no power or low voltage

Top Bottom