No display signal on VGA or DVI Monitors

maag

Hi
I've just purchased a Minisforum U500 and I've been unable to get any dispay output when I connect the U500 to either of my 2 x Monitors. The Monitors both only have VGA and DVI outputs and do not have a HDMI output so to get round this I connected a VGA to HDMI cable but I find out this is not working as I have no signal/display output.
The Monitors are working ok on other desktop/laptop equipment.

The U500 works ok when I connect it to my TV which has a HDMI output and so I've been able to go into the BIOS and have tried every setting in there which has not worked when I reconnect the U500 to either of the VGA/DVI Monitors.

I'd set the U500 to dual boot from Ubuntu on an extra 240GB SSD disk or boot Windows 10 on the internal 128GB disk, both are booting up ok when connecting via HDMI only.

Any suggestion would be appreciated on how to get the monitor display working with the U500?

Thanks.

Huang

Administrator
Staff member
Hi
I've just purchased a Minisforum U500 and I've been unable to get any dispay output when I connect the U500 to either of my 2 x Monitors. The Monitors both only have VGA and DVI outputs and do not have a HDMI output so to get round this I connected a VGA to HDMI cable but I find out this is not working as I have no signal/display output.
The Monitors are working ok on other desktop/laptop equipment.

The U500 works ok when I connect it to my TV which has a HDMI output and so I've been able to go into the BIOS and have tried every setting in there which has not worked when I reconnect the U500 to either of the VGA/DVI Monitors.

I'd set the U500 to dual boot from Ubuntu on an extra 240GB SSD disk or boot Windows 10 on the internal 128GB disk, both are booting up ok when connecting via HDMI only.

Any suggestion would be appreciated on how to get the monitor display working with the U500?

Thanks.
You can check if the VGA adapter is faulty and cannot be used.
You can try to link the U500 to the monitor first, and then turn on the power to see if it can be displayed.
Can you provide me with a purchase link for your VGA adapter?

maag

You can check if the VGA adapter is faulty and cannot be used.
You can try to link the U500 to the monitor first, and then turn on the power to see if it can be displayed.
Can you provide me with a purchase link for your VGA adapter?
Hi Huang

I've tested both of the 2 new VGA to HDMI adapters, I still have no display to the monitor from either cable when connected.
I have connected the U500 directly to the monitor and powered on but still no display, I have done the same tests on the other monitor with the same result.
This is the VGA adaptor I have 2 of them:

Top Bottom