MINI PC USB Connect to Mobile Hard disk

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
MINI PC is a low-power product, USB2.0 (5V / 0.5A), USB3.0 (5V / 1A); If you connect the USB on the MINI PC to the mobile hard disk, the mobile hard disk must be increased Extra power, while USB is only used for data reading and writing.

New2this

Yes I've noticed when I tether my mobile phone to the 3.o usb port it provides good data but barely charges the phone while tethered . I use a usb 3.0 hub that provides it's own voltage to work around this problem. It also extends my usable usb 3.0 ports to 4 x ports instead of 1 .

New2this

Ok so when I connect my 2tb Seagate backup plus external hdd to the z83-f it tries to load up , it registers as a new device and is preparing . But it slows down pc and pc starts doing weird things ultimately the hdd never loads and has to be removed for pc to return to normal . Now when I dual boot to android os the external 2tb hdd loads and works fine on the android os . So the question is why can the hdd be supported on the same pc with same hardware with android os boot , but not support on windows 10 boot .

Now keep in mind I am running this external hdd thru a usb 3.0 4 port hub that has it's own 12v 2amp dc power supply. So there is zero power drain on the z83-f.

Update*
I tried using the external on usb hub because WEN said lower power issue . But I tried it just now on minipc usb2.0 and 3.0 ports and the 2tb external worked well on both .

Last edited:

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
I hereby verify that Windows is supported (2.5" 2TB HDD external power supply, connect USB3.0,)
The difference between android / Windows OS is that the software is different. Windows needs to check the USB HUB driver.

Attachments

Top Bottom