C-N34 Extreme throttling

bonebraker

I ve just recently bought your c-n34 as well but I noticed extreme throttling when using any programs. It gets extremely hot and reaches over 83°C after that the core clock drops rapidly and the pc is unusable.

Is this normal behaviour? I ve bought your n40 mini pc as well and that one doesnt throttle. I tried changing bios settings but nothing works.

the multicore performance of the c-n34 is actually worse than the one on my n40 which only is a dual core.

Please send me an updated bios if availabl for this product: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08117XQ5X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But since its getting really hot i suspect a hardware defect?

Also one more question. Is the c-n34 using thermal pads on the cpu? And is the n40 using thermal paste?

Last edited:

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
1. C-N34 is already the latest BIOS and has not been updated.

2. The temperature problem you mentioned, only when the CPU load is 100%, the CPU temperature will rise, but it will not exceed 85 degrees (we think this temperature value is safe). To maintain product stability, the CPU clock is automatically reduced to limit temperature rise. Therefore, the C-N34 is not a hardware issue.

3. C-N34 and N40 both use thermal paste ,However, N40 has a lot of heat dissipation holes on the top of the shell material, which is more conducive to heat dissipation.

thank you!

Top Bottom